Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great Teacher...

Here's a news story on a teacher caught on tape calling her students "dumb."

As a student, I would run into some teachers who would express similar sentiments to me--granted, not as directly as this woman. I did have a few great teachers who believed in me, but I also had some who did not. It wasn't until I got to Wheeling Jesuit University when I realized "Hey! I'm not a COMPLETE moron!" Sadly, some students don't get such a great opportunity. I wonder where I'd be if nobody ever ended up believing in me.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager this kid turns out to be more successful than the angry woman calling her "dumb."

Also, if anybody reading this is a high school senior or junior still looking at applying to schools, give my alma mater WJU a look! It's one of the greatest places in the world.

No comments: